A dark witch who knows no bounds

A dark witch who knows no bounds

AMF Publishing

Friday, April 5, 2019

The Magician in the Tarot- Black Widow Curse & The Coven

In my book Black Widow Curse & The Coven, I do reference Tarot and readings through the book.  
During the scene when Raina the witch asks Meridian to look at a certain Tarot card and describe what she sees, Raina has more of an agenda here than what appears on the surface.  
The very card that Raina pulls, is the magician.  

S
 What does this card represent?  Well it can represent many things depending on the spread used, the placement and what other cards are placed in the reading.  Now for the sake of conversation let's talk about the magician.

In the book 'Black Widow Curse & The Coven', this card is very significant in terms of Meridian and who she is-  More so the symbol of infinity above the magician's head.  It means unlimited potential, which Meridian has, however she doesn't realize that aspect at the time.  In fact at this point in the story she really doesn't understand what has happened to her at all.  


M


However, the magician points to the sky and to the Earth which means that he represents the spiritual and the physical world, just as Meridian does.  She maybe a human at the present, but she is a spirit from the spirit world.  In addition, the infinity sign Meridian also carries on her wrist and as she was a spirit, it looked similar to a hologram and as a human, it looks a simple as a black tattoo.  

Back to the tarot card,  on the table in front of him are the four symbols of the Tarot suits – a cup, pentacle, sword and wand – each symbolizing one of the four elements – water, earth, air and fire.

Who else in the book represents the elements?  Ah, the fairy nymphs who too represent the four elements.  The nymphs are indeed the ones who play that role in helping Meridian and Aiden see the message from the Universe in the next book 'Fairy Nymphs & The Demon Court' which is book number three in the series.  

As far as tarot from the author's perspective, well if you have read my books, then one thing you will find is,  I am not short on an open mind.  Raised in the south from a father from the middle of the states and a mother who grew up in Jersey with immigrant parents from England and Denmark, I would have to say that my upbringing was more than likely different than my other friends.  My mom's English/Jersey accent really made for colorful conversation in terms of accents and she is in many ways the reason I write what I do. I still try to ignite some of her fiery temperament, her accent comes out during her heated times :) She doesn't believe in many of the things I write about, but she gave me the ability to see things from a different point of view and to remain open minded to others who may not come from the places I do, geographically, spiritually and even in mindset.    




In closing, as far as Tarot.  I own a few sets of these cards myself and I have had others read for me.  I can't say if the things I have gotten from my readings really mean what the cards say, or if it is simply a fulfilling of self prophecy.  

I think it maybe a little of both.  What about you?  Ever had a reading?  Are you in touch with the spiritual?  
Some authors write fantasy of the things they are interested in or maybe even experienced,  I would say as an author with this series, I write from not only what interests me, but some of what I live. 
find me on www.mdfryson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment